Today, Christina and Reina are joined by Morgan Montgomery who owns Paisley & Jade which is a vintage and specialty rental company out of Virgina. Morgan jumps right in talking about how her and her co-founder began their business. She discusses how they set up systems, procedures, and processes which helped them as they grew. The trio chat about finding the right clients and asking for feedback. Lastly, Morgan shares a bit about the company culture and how a team can be a great asset.
- How she began Paisley & Jade [0:01:28]
- How they set up their business when they first started + systems [0:05:45]
- Why procedures + processes help you integrate core values into everything [0:10:46]
- What she would have done differently earlier on [0:17:12]
- What some tips are for finding the right clients [0:23:42]
- How to ask for honest feedback [0:25:58]
- Why processes can turn into sales tools [0:31:08]
- How they are changing their branding [0:32:45]
- Why they have see growth this year + are having their busiest month yet [0:36:27]
- What the internal culture looks like + "weird chicken" [0:37:43]
- How the team culture can be so exciting [0:40:28]
[ctt template="4" link="3d8Gt" via="no" ]Take the right business as opposed to just any business.[/ctt]
[ctt template="3" link="UYdPj" via="no" ]Make sure you give it the time that it needs to work.[/ctt]
A New England native, Virginia resident, and lover of all things modern, clean-lined and loud, Morgan discovered her passion for unique and vintage finds as she designed and propped shows while working towards her B.A. in Theatre from The College of the Holy Cross. With years of sales and customer service experience behind her, she spent three years in the trenches of the off-premise catering world before co-launching Paisley & Jade, a specialty rental company serving the Mid-Atlantic, in 2012. Morgan’s passion for business and events extends beyond the walls of P&J, and she loves to share her knowledge through the Paisley & Jade specialty rental coaching program and by speaking at national conferences such as NACE Experience, Lend & Gather, and The School of Styling. An active member of NACE on the local and national level, she is a past president of her local chapter and also currently serves on the NACE National Board of Directors as the Treasurer. Morgan’s personal and professional work has been featured extensively in national and regional publications, including Southern Weddings, Richmond Magazine, Sage Wedding Pros and The Huffington Post.