This episode of the Creative Empire Podcast, Reina and Christina are joined by destination wedding photographer and intentional brand strategist Vanessa Velez. She gives practical tips and advice this episode for photographers and non-photographers alike on branding and visual strategy. Vanessa curates a beautiful online presence through her website and social media and shares how she does so.
- How Vanessa's background in marketing has helped make her a successful destination wedding photographer
- What changes she's seen in the photography industry in the past ten years
- How Instagram has helped her business + how she's grown her Instagram following
- How knowing the client you want is helpful + how to figure them out
- What photographers who are struggling to book anybody should do
- What happens when you have a really strong visual branding strategy
- What 3 practical tips she has for people to take their client experience up a level
- What Vanessa's secret is to curating such a visual presence
- What non-photographers can do to improve their Instagram feed + captions
- The Institute of Photography in New York
- Style Me Pretty
- Kate Spade
- Making Things Happen
- Lara Casey's episode
Vanessa Velez is a Destination Wedding Photographer and Intentional Brand Strategist who has a deep passion for the creative business and weddings. She has been documenting events for the past decade and it is a romantic at heart. As a Destination photographer she has traveled to places like Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, New York and Paris. When she is not shooting weddings she is helping creative businesses create brands with intention, that can connect with their audience with authentic and true voices. She is also an advocate for community over competition as the Fort Lauderdale leader of Tuesdays Together. When she is not working you can find her cozy in bed with her daughter eating vanilla ice cream with an excess of whip cream and almonds.