This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina interview Tara Larson of Rad and Happy who is a designer and hand letterer. Tara is chatting all about how being a mom has influenced what she does as a creative entrepreneur. She talks about some challenges she has faced such as finding her voice, work balance, and the ebb-and-flow of a business. The trio discuss what finding your voice can look like and how that can influence collaborations, plus Tara give some collaboration tips.
- What challenges has looked like in her creative business [0:02:08]
- How being a mom influences her entrepreneurial journey [0:03:57]
- How to flex your creative process like a muscle + Setting priorities [0:06:43]
- How to get our of a creative process rut by trying new creative things [0:14:33]
- What finding your voice can look like on Instagram [0:19:06]
- What it is like in a market that is really taking-off [0:24:53]
- How hand lettering workshops have [0:26:42]
- How collaborations are what she is working on + Tips for collaborations [0:29:29]
- How to learn from your failures [0:34:10]
"I’m usually a mom when my kids are awake and I am a designer, or an artist, when my kids are asleep."
"If you just keep creating and keep trying new things, eventually you’ll fall into place, you’ll fall into where you’re supposed to be." -Tara Larson
Hi! I am Tara also known as, Rad and Happy. I am a designer and hand letterer who is a big fan of anything lemon, design that makes your heart swoon, and being a mom to my study husband and cute kids. My goal as an artist is to extract happiness from common things and share a bit of that happy with the rad people I am lucky enough to cross paths with.