Joining Reina and Christina today is Allie Casazza, a writer, the face behind alliecasazza.com, the creator of Your Uncluttered Home - an online decluttering course, and The Purposeful Home podcast. Allie is talking about how her business has developed and what delegation can do for a business owner. She also tells us about a few mindset shifts for decluttering, such as realizing that you need to declutter and making time to do it. The three also talk about how hard it can be to start something and Allie shares common excuses she hears behind why people are not starting the minimalism process: 1) blaming significant others 2) waiting for the perfect time to start. If you are wanting to change your habits, begin practicing minimalism, or even just declutter, this episode is for you!
- What the magic of delegation can do in a business [0:01:50]
- How her business has developed and who it is for [0:03:43]
- What a decluttering practice looks like from her perspective [0:05:00]
- What is looks like as a mom running an online business out of a camper [0:07:42]
- What some mindset shifts look like for decluttering [00:13:12]
- What some common excuses for procrastinating the decluttering process [0:15:37]
- What creating her course looked like and how her business started [0:21:47]
- What the impact on her relationship both with her husband and as a family [0:29:50]
"My secret weapon is just delegating all the things that is not
what I am particularly great at." -Allie
"Speak it. Believe it. And do the task that will lead you
to it and it will happen." -Allie
Allie Casazza is wife to the boy she sat next to in seventh grade algebra class, and mom to their four kids. She’s a writer and the creator of Your Uncluttered Home - an online decluttering course that earned her national attention for her philosophy of simple motherhood. Allie has been featured on Good Morning America, The TODAY Show, The Jenny McCarthy Show, ABC News, and other popular media. You can find her blogging at AllieCasazza.com.