This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina interview Lauren Hooker of Elle & Company. Lauren is a graphic designer, online business strategist, and creative entrepreneur who helps creatives transform their passion into a successful, profitable business. In this episode she shares a lot about her business and the struggles that can occur. She dives deep into burnout and how to combat it. She share tips on how to encourage new business owners, by being realistic and prioritizing in your business.
- What her business looked like when she started and the struggles behind it [0:01:39]
- How creating a blog has helped grow her business [0:03:35]
- What creating content looks like for her [0:04:45]
- What made her share about burnout and how to take care of yourself [0:08:34]
- What she shares to encourage new business owners [0:13:05]
- How seasons change in your business [0:16:09]
- How creativity can come during burnout phases [0:17:16]
- What making excuses in your business can look like and how to shift from that mindset [0:21:33]
- How the educational course field is becoming saturated and what is next for passive income [0:25:23]
- Who the influencers have been behind Elle and Company [0:30:35]
Lauren Hooker is a graphic designer, online business strategist, and creative entrepreneur who helps creatives transform their passion into a successful, profitable business. Lauren graduated with a BFA in Visual Communication Design from Virginia Tech and immediately got a job working in the corporate world. After leaving her 9-5 to start her own business, she now has two passions: design and helping other creative entrepreneurs.