Today, Reina and Christina are joined by Valerie Gernhauser, the owner of Sapphire Events as well as Ruby and Pearl. She’s also the author of Pricing for Profit. She works specifically with the entire creative industry now to help them price their services to be profitable and bring them the kind of margin that they need in their life. The trip jump into chatting about how Valerie started and pricing. Valerie tells us the three ways to catch the eye of others with your brand by having an updated look and having quality work, plus having consistency of your work across all of your platforms. She also dives into chatting about her course and offers you a discount code.
- How she started her own business [0:01:30]
- How pricing should reflect your experience [0:07:30]
- Why you should network + build relationships with people in your industry [0:11:19]
- Why mass vendor gifts are not a great marketing tactic anymore [0:15:46]
- How to use your web presence to help catch vendors eyes [0:21:25]
- How to decide on a marketing strategy + charging what you're worth [0:32:54]
- What her course, Pricing for Profit, is all about [0:43:30]
- Martha Stewart Weddings video
- Kristin Kaplan
- the Knot
- Wedding Wire
- Sapphire Sessions for Creatives course, Pricing for Profit: Code empire and you’ll get 10% off.
I am a recovering attorney, Yale grad, pug lover, Springsteen fanatic, and Florida native. Calm, cool, and collected is my mantra. I'm a natural-born leader that takes pride in moving people, creating memorable milestones, and maintaining poise under pressure. As a thought leader and industry expert in the event space, I'm grateful to share my knowledge on national platforms such as the Engage! Luxury Wedding Business Summit, Trouvaille Workshop, Cultivate Retreat, Munaluchi's Coterie Retreat, and honored to present as a keynote speaker at SEPA, ILEA, NACE, and and WIPA events across the country. I'm very proud of the success of my Sapphire Sessions speaking tour, a specialized program for wedding planners and event designers aimed at elevating event industry best practices for the benefit of the greater good. I like getting lost in Anthropologie, spontaneous road trips, mixing metals and prints, kitchen dance parties with my daughters, and getting my hands dirty in a flower bucket or two. I'm a consummate over-achiever and a habitual mover-and-shaker. I consider myself very fortunate to bear witness to unfettered, intrepid, veracious love stories on Saturdays. I’m living the life I’ve imagined.