Today, Reina and Christina are joined today by Kelsey Baldwin of Paper and Oats. Kelsey is the owner of an Etsy shop and a freelance design studio since 2013. But what’s really phenomenal about Kelsey is her story, plus she just wrote a book about it! At the beginning of the episode, we learn about Kelsey's back-story and about how single-motherhood has impacted her. We learn about how she moved away from client work and digital products and courses. The trio discuss planning and how multiple revenue streams are important for her as a single-parent. Lastly, we learn who Kelsey's mentors and influencers have been.
- Who Kelsey is + how she got to where she is [0:02:01]
- What being a single-mother in business is like [0:05:39]
- What early moments of a rough stage feels like [0:08:21]
- How moving away from client work has impacted her business [0:12:11]
- How to balance money now vs future payoff of passive products [0:14:35]
- Why multiple revenue streams is a good idea [0:17:16]
- What planning is like for her [0:19:20]
- How to prepare for a digital product launch [0:27:51]
- Who Kelsey's mentors have been [0:30:30]
Kelsey Baldwin started Paper + Oats as an Etsy shop and a freelance design studio in 2013. It has since grown into a brand + blog that teaches creatives how to organize, design, and market their digital products, so they can share what they know + look good doing it. She is a single mom to a crazy 3-year-old and a big fluffy dog, and is also an advocate for women learning to sustain themselves + gain independence through online business.
Do you love what you've heard?
Add this graphic to your Insta Story!