Today, Reina and Christina are joined with Cheryl Sutherland, who is the founder behind PleaseNotes, a for-purpose company of affirmation-filled products, like journals, and notebooks and just everything stationary that makes our hearts sing. At the beginning of the episode, Cheryl dives in to tell us all about how PleaseNotes got started! She shares why taking time for yourself is important and what made her make the decision to have a physical product and not sell a service. We learn about how journaling can be useful and how to run a business that is driven by purpose. Towards the end of the episode, the trio discuss networking and why you need to do it well.
- How PleaseNotes got started + who is using her products [0:01:12]
- Why taking time for yourself is a critical part of your business [0:05:33]
- What made her choose a physical product over a service [0:07:20]
- What does a PleaseNotes Journal offer you [0:09:20]
- How to overcome business hurdles + stepping back [0:11:40]
- Why journaling can help transition periods [0:14:00]
- How her business is driven by purpose [0:19:23]
- What her business days look like [0:24:18]
- How the Law of Attraction works [0:27:15]
- Why networking events can be a great place [0:32:35]
Cheryl Sutherland is the Founder of PleaseNotes, a for-purpose company of affirmation-filled products. Creator Cheryl felt restless and underwhelmed at her 9 to 5. After spending over 1400 hours in learning and facilitating personal development, coaching, and reigniting her inner creativity, Cheryl created a company that inspires women to step into their own power by building confidence, clarity, and creativity. In 2016, Cheryl started her company with one item, the PleaseNotes Sticky Note, and fully launched the brand with a successful Kickstarter campaign. Since then, PleaseNotes has expanded to include a suite of products that cater to customers worldwide, including Spain, UK, Canada, Latin America and Asia. Each purchase contributes 10% of the profits to support women empowerment initiatives in her local community. PleaseNotes has been endorsed by renowned changemakers Les Brown and Monique Coleman with the words, “This is a gift, this is special and extraordinary and deserves to be shared with the world.” As a women's empowerment expert and entrepreneur, Cheryl Sutherland and PleaseNotes have been featured InStyle, Huffington Post, Fast Company, American Express OPEN Forum, Thrive Global, Youngry, and StandOut Publications. Cheryl resides in between Los Angeles and Toronto, Ontario.
Do you love what you've heard?
Add this graphic to your Insta Story!