On this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast Reina and Christina are talking to Kat Schmoyer of Dear Sweetheart Events and the Creative at Heart Conference. Kat explains her journey from her full-time job to creating her own business and journey. Kat explains how rewarding (but difficult!) this transition can be, but also how full-time entrepreneurship isn't for everyone. She goes over what the typical stages of this transition are and how to overcome them. Because Kat founded the Creative at Heart Conferences, she discusses conferences with Reina and Christina and how they are planned and executed.
- Embracing the transition from part-time to full-time entrepreneur
- What are the typical stages of this transition
- What is the deal with conferences for creatives (especially the Creative at Heart Conference)
- On the Road to Full-time Course
- Katelyn James Photography
- Abby Grace Photography (check out her Creative Empire Episode here!)
- Lara Casey's Making Things Happen Conference
- Paper and Honey
- Bonnie from B is for Bonnie Design (check out her Creative Empire Episode here!)
- Rising Tide Society
- Kelly Newsome-Georges
I’m Kat – wife, planner, florist, pink lover & mama to a crazy brittany spaniel! My high school sweetheart Matt and I live in a tiny 2500 population town in an old, historic home … and we love every bit of it! We’re both a bit obsessed with the Christmas season, love watching sitcoms like Seinfeld & Friends, and cheer for the Redskins on Sundays. I began this dream of mine a little over 2 years ago, and have been blessed to work with some truly incredible couples! Wedding planning combines my love for organization, strategy & color-coding; floral design allows me to dig even deeper with you into the heart of your design aesthetic, so we cultivate a wedding day that is both logistically sound & aesthetically unforgettable. Diet Dr. Pepper is my drug of choice, popcorn is my favorite snack, and there must always be a candle burning during my work day! I love chatting with brides over iced chai lattes, can spend too many hours browsing through Target and rarely leave the house without my Simplified Planner & pink Kate Spade bag.
Kat's Social Handles: