Reina and Christina talk to Kaitlin Holland of The School of Styling during this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast. Kaitlin shares how a disappointing conference experience led to the creation of The School of Styling. They discuss why she isn't afraid of competition. Kaitlin speaks to why pretty matters and how she tries to incorporate beauty into every detail of her business. Then she shares the advice she gives to her 1-on-1 coaching clients. Lastly, Kaitlin reveals what her creative empire looks like right now and what the future holds for The School of Styling.
- What the deciding factor was in hitting publish on The School of Styling
- How the "blue ocean strategy" was a game-changer for her business
- How creating moments of beauty contribute to the client experience
- What advice Kaitlin would share to new entrepreneurs, especially those in over-saturated markets
- Shay Cochrane's Instagram
- Kat Schmoyer (Check out her Creative Empire episode here)
- Creative at Heart Conference
- Rosanne with Cottage Luxe
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Jeni Maus & Found Rentals
- Kelly Hovis
Kaitlin Holland is a believer in Jesus, stylist, and creative business mentor who lives in North Carolina with her husband and two pups, Sophie and Scout. Long conversations with friends new and old fill her soul and she is on a mission to extravagantly love and serve those who are put in her path. Kaitlin created The School of Styling to provide creative women, no matter their field or profession, with the education and inspiration they need to create beautiful work, events, and spaces. She is a cultivator of community, and the heartbeat of the workshop is found in the relationships built amongst attendees, speakers, and staff. With a background in art, she derives much of the inspiration for the workshop structure from a technical art setting. Including demonstrations, hands on learning, and critique sessions with a like-minded group of women.
Kaitlin's Social Handles: