Reina and Christina interview Lara Casey of Southern Weddings and Cultivate What Matters this episode. Lara shares why she created PowerSheets and shares her core belief that it's not about making more happen, it's about making what matters happen. She encourages listeners to create for no other reason than you love to create and not feel pressured to turn it into a business. She speaks about how to be authentic in your business and why you should walk by example. Lara answers the question of how to balance being intentional + making an impact with the financial realities of running a business. The trio have a conversation about how they give back with their business and how you can do so no matter how small or large your business is. Lastly they talk about how loyal and invested her employees are in the company and how to foster that in a team.
- How you should use your creative gifts, but not feel pressured to turn it into a business
- How what we choose to focus our attention on either gives us more life or takes it away
- How to become more vulnerable and why it matters for your business
- How to give back with your business
- How to foster an environment where people are incredibly loyal + take ownership of their duties
- Making Things Happen intensive
- Southern Weddings
- Style Me Pretty
- Faye and Greer
- Emily Ley
- Making Brands Happen
- Heart Centered Biz Bosses
- Love One Another Project
- Reina's Pencils of Promise project
- Children's International
- Kelly Parker-Smith & Hello World Paper Co.
- Nancy Ray
- Nicole Yang's episode
- Amber Housley's episode
Hi, y’all! I’m Lara. I’m a mom to three (one through the gift of adoption), a grateful wife, and a believer in the “impossible.” I’m the creator of the PowerSheets, a grace-filled goal setting planner, and Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Southern Weddings — a magazine that I created from the ground up. I am passionate about faith, loving my family well, pushing my limits, and helping people get unstuck and unrushed. I founded the Making Things Happen movement and recently released my first book, Make It Happen: Surrender Your Fear, Take the Leap, Live On Purpose, to help women live on purpose and make what matters happen. I love the women I work alongside each day, hot boiled peanuts, my garden, exploring local farms, and living in Chapel Hill, NC!
Lara's Social Handles: