Joining Reina and Christina for this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast is Kelly Newsome Georges, a former-lawyer-turned-birth and postpartum teacher. Kelly shares her winding path to finding her authentic purpose in life and what activities people can do to help them find theirs. She reveals that moving closer to authenticity can help us move closer to living a life we love (and gain us ideal clients in the process!) It can be kind of scary being authentic, so Kelly also shares how to not be so resistant to fear + why you can't get rid of all fear.
- How the journey to finding her purpose followed a non-linear path
- What 3 activities are that help you grow closer to finding your purpose
- How women business owners can help facilitate the transition from woman to mother
- How to deal with people who are unkind to you
- Why building up to success slowly is better than overnight success
- How authenticity can help us live a life we love (and gain us ideal clients too!)
- How to not resist fear so much and why you can't get rid of all fear
- Episode 8 with Think Creative Collective's Abagail and Emylee
- Pema Chodron
- There's fear that keeps you alive. And there's fear that keeps you from living. Wisdom is knowing the difference. ~David Swenson
Kelly Newsome Georges is a former-lawyer-turned-birth and postpartum teacher, helping new moms transition confidently, consciously, and more comfortably into motherhood. She is the creator of The New Parent Partner™: 100+ Tools for Birth, Postpartum, and Newborn Care, Designed to Make Early Motherhood Easier, and in early 2017, she will launch Ritual Care, an online wellness sanctuary and virtual classroom with courses and coaching on birth, newborn care, and new mama care throughout the first year of baby’s life. Kelly has a certification in Positive Psychology from the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, a bachelor of science degree in Psychology and Human Development, and multiple certifications and trainings for birth and postpartum doula care, prenatal and postnatal yoga, kids yoga, pediatric sleep, and breastfeeding and bottle-feeding support. Her favorite mama-related role, though, is her own: she is a mother to a spectacular little girl, Sage, and stepmom to 3 brilliant bonus kids. She lives in Washington, DC and Paris, France.