Reina and Christina’s guest this episode is Nikki Elledge Brown, The Communication Stylist, creator of A Course About Copy, and host of Naptime Empires. Nikki is here to chat about learning how to share your story authentically. She shares where to start if you haven't shared much online yet, how to strut your stuff without feeling self-centered, how to let your personality shine through in everything you do, and much much more.
- How to strut your stuff without feeling self-centered
- What 2 things to consider before you share something that has TMI potential
- Where to start if you haven't shared much online yet
- What the difference is between sharing authentically + sharing as a marketing ploy
- Why Nikki considers being triggered by others' success a potentially good thing
- How we can make our personalities shine through in our copy across all platforms
- What Nikki needs to remind herself of who she really is + pull herself out of dark spots
- How using templates to write from are great starting places
- How there's no one right way to write copy + her number one advice for sales copy
- A Course About Copy
- Naptime Empires Podcast
- Marianne Williamson quote about letting your light shine
- Glennon Doyle Melton's interview with Marie Forleo
- Nikki's blog post about having no site, but still getting tons of opt-ins
- Ira Glass quotes about beginners
- Creative Empire's free workbook
- Vanessa Van Edwards
- Susan Ferraro
Nikki's known online as The Communication Stylist®, helping entrepreneurs communicate with clarity and confidence through her flagship program, A Course About Copy®. She's a proud military spouse, mom, former park ranger and college professor sharing stories, tips, and inspiration on life, business, and all things communication over at nikkielledgebrown.com.
#also: If you're looking for refreshingly honest conversations on the realities of parenthood + entrepreneurship, you will LOVE Nikki’s new podcast, Naptime Empires™. Check it out on iTunes and join the conversation at naptimeempires.com!
Nikki’s Social Handles: