On this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast the ladies are chatting with Heather Crabtree about how to run a successful and engaged Facebook Group. Heather talks about how she maintains an involved community of thousands of entrepreneurs, but also how to instill guidelines and rules so that it doesn't become spammy. She also dives into how her father's death affected her not only personally and emotionally, but also her business. Heather explains how finding a coach and trusting her instinct helped her overcome this personal tragedy and made her stronger. Heather talks with Reina + Christina about how she spots potential in people and in turn how she's hired and grown her team over just a few years.
- How to run a successful and engaged Facebook Group
- How to launch (even when you're not ready)
- How personal tragedies can affect your business (and how to deal with that healthily)
- Why you should just go for it!
- How to find and hire the best team for you and your business
- Heather's Savvy Business Owners Facebook Group
- Mary Beth Storjohann
- Amy Northard
- Leah Kalamakis's Freedom to Freelance
- Irene Hardy, of Magnolia House Creative
- Susan Peterson of Freshly Picked
- Savvy Business Owners Conference
Heather is a Business Strategist for Creative Entrepreneurs and owner of Heather Crabtree LLC. Prior to this business, Heather began in the legal field and also owned an event planning company for 11 years, which she and her business partner sold in 2014. Now she teaches creative business owners how to create and grow a business with their smarts and their heart. She also runs a private Facebook group, Savvy Business Owners, for over 7500 women, has a group coaching program, Savvy Business Circle, and will be launching her online shop for creative entrepreneurs with digital downloads soon. Business aside, Heather is also a proud mom to her littles, London and Lane, and wife of 11 years to her husband, Cole. She believes that life should not be taken for granted and that we should cherish each morsel of every day. She loves to encourage, motivate and share her knowledge with others, but also believes that we can learn something from every person we meet.
Heather's Social Handles: